Report a consumer issue or incident

You must report all consumer issues to the Citizens Advice Consumer Service.

It will then refer all relevant reports to our Trading Standards team. This includes:

  • illegal tobacco and alcohol sales
  • traders who may be exploiting vulnerable residents
  • sales of age-restricted products, such as knives, fireworks, tobacco or alcohol
  • illegal money lending
  • mail or phone scams
  • counterfeit goods
  • food labels

You can also call 0808 2231133. 

You must contact your district or borough council about:

  • food hygiene
  • kennel or cattery licensing
  • animal breeding
  • performing animals

For advice about food regulations, .