Apply for a school

Before you apply

If you currently live outside of Lincolnshire then you must submit your school application through your home local authority where your child currently lives, regardless of where the schools are that you want to apply to.

Parents and carers must apply for their child to start:

  • primary or infant school (reception year)
  • Year 3 at junior school
  • Year 7 at secondary school

If you want to apply for your child to start Year 10 at Lincoln University Technical College, you must do this directly on the .

This application should only be used for the above reasons.

If your child needs to move schools at another point during the year, you will need to apply to move schools, which is a separate process.

You can use our school directory to learn more about a school.

School transport

You should check if your child is eligible for free or post-16 school transport before applying, as this might influence which schools you choose to apply for.

Contact the school admissions team